Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarians, hollaaaaaa!

Post Thanks / Like

Vegetarians, hollaaaaaa!

So, I've been thinking about going back to being a full time vegetarian but the thing is, I really suck at being one. Last time, I ate nothing but cheese sandwiches and my body shrunk to a little raisin because of the lack of protein. So this time I need some ideas on how to eat healthy.

Any vegetarians in here? What's your favorite food and do you have any recipes to share?
    PosMike does London 9/4-10, PosMike does NYC 20/9-10, PosMike does Sweden 25/12-10, PosMike does Belgium 27/7-11

MJsChick
    What type of vegetarian are you trying to be?

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPartOfMe View Post
    So, I've been thinking about going back to being a full time vegetarian but the thing is, I really suck at being one. Last time, I ate nothing but cheese sandwiches and my body shrunk to a little raisin because of the lack of protein. So this time I need some ideas on how to eat healthy.

Any vegetarians in here? What's your favorite food and do you have any recipes to share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MJsChick View Post
    What type of vegetarian are you trying to be?
    Hardcore.
    PosMike does London 9/4-10, PosMike does NYC 20/9-10, PosMike does Sweden 25/12-10, PosMike does Belgium 27/7-11

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a steak the other night and as far as I know it was from a cow that was a vegetarian. Does that count. LOL

Seriously though try the veggy lasagna. I had it last week and liked it better then the meat.
    [IMG][/IMG]

SO TIRED OF WINTER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krvb View Post
    I had a steak the other night and as far as I know it was from a cow that was a vegetarian. Does that count. LOL

Seriously though try the veggy lasagna. I had it last week and liked it better then the meat.
    Veggie lasagna is the ish! That's about the only vegetarian food I can cook, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPartOfMe View Post
    Hardcore.
    when u say hardcore do u wanna be vegan (no animal products), my bosses are vegan and its seriously hardcore, to be honest they dont look well. Vegetarians are more healthy, i think u get most protein from quorn and nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

SO TIRED OF WINTER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    when u say hardcore do u wanna be vegan (no animal products), my bosses are vegan and its seriously hardcore, to be honest they dont look well. Vegetarians are more healthy, i think u get most protein from quorn and nuts.
    Oh hayle nah, not a vegan! I love milk and eggs too much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krvb View Post
    Thanks, Kev!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been vegetarian for over 30 years and have tons of recipe books gathering dust on various shelves! I never have time to cook anything adventurous, so my fave things to eat are pasta, baked potatoes, vege curries and chilli, tons of salad with lovely bread like rye, nuts and seeds, fruit, yoghurt ... dunno if any of that appeals?
    And when the groove is dead and gone, you know that love survives