Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCorvette View Post
    We have an Australian version of "The Voice" starting tonight. I may watch it, if you guys are saying that the format is a good one. I've been bored with reality shows and competition shows for a while now, but I think I'll at least give it a little try. Our judges are Seal, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban and that guy from (Good Charlotte??) - wears a hat - tattoed arms - has a brother..............
    Yeah I can't think of his name either LOL. I think I might watch it too
    http://th53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/Nadia1981/BAD%20Era/th_0322.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCorvette View Post
    We have an Australian version of "The Voice" starting tonight. I may watch it, if you guys are saying that the format is a good one. I've been bored with reality shows and competition shows for a while now, but I think I'll at least give it a little try. Our judges are Seal, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban and that guy from (Good Charlotte??) - wears a hat - tattoed arms - has a brother..............
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Yeah I can't think of his name either LOL. I think I might watch it too

This is where my beloved Google comes in handy!

Joel and Benji Madden, they're twins. They both wear hat's LOL! Joel the lead vocalist is the one you're thinking of I think. Benji is lead guitarist and sing's backup vocal's.

Joel

Benji

Together

The main reason I like The Voice is because of the format. I like the way the judges have their chair's turned around backwards during audition's. There can't be any unfair pre-conceived judgement due the contestant's appearance. They have to make their choice based on the contestant's vocals only. There have been men they thought were women and vise versa and they are really shocked sometimes when they turn around and see the person they just chose for their team. There can't be any of this picking a girl cause she's hot ish like goes on with some of the other singing competition program's, Ahem, (Idol)! If you know what I mean.

Also I have a channel through Comcast called E! (Entertainment Network) that air's re-runs of the show all day on Saturday if you have missed any of the episodes and need to catch up.

Check it out, I really enjoy it!

P.S. Wish I could watch your version with Keith Urban! WOO! HOO! I would watch just for that!!!
    Dot#280013

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Tinkerbell58 Keith Urban is a little hottie isn't he
    http://th53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/Nadia1981/BAD%20Era/th_0322.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    @ Tinkerbell58 Keith Urban is a little hottie isn't he

Dot#280013

Gold Pants Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Louf View Post
    Is anybody watching 'The Voice'?

Has anybody kept track of how many times Will.I.Am has mentioned MJ?

So funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQ1N...e_gdata_player

Just one clip of many.

I usually hate reality shows but I'm really enjoying this one, and I love how respectful Will is of MJ
    I would watch anything that keeps Michaels legacy positive. You know that Will was really impressed by MJ if as you say he keeps quoting him. Bless his heart!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaz Ellington and Ruth Brown are favourites to win BBC's The Voice
    By FRANCESCA PREECE
    Published: Today at 20:32

Bookies have made the pair joint favourites at 5/2 to win the competition following their stellar performances on tonight's show.

Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am, who mentors the hopeful, compared Jaz to megastar Michael Jackson - and claimed he is just as good.

Ahead of his slot on tonight's live show, coach Will.i.am said: "I would dare to compare Jaz to Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder."

Ellington wowed the judges at his first audition when he sang The A Team, bringing Jessie J and Will.i.am to tears.

Suited and booted and wearing a bowler hat, the talented singer impressed the judges for a third time after singing Etta James' At Last.

After dazzling the panel with his performance, legendary Welsh crooner Tom Jones called the star 'perfect' and admitted he wanted him on his team.

Will.i.am said: "His name is Jaz, ladies and gentleman, that is all."

Danny O'Donoghue added: "You're an incredibly gifted vocalist."

After his rave reviews from the judges, Jaz said it was "really humbling to hear comments from legends like that."

Ruth, who nearly failed to make the grade during her blind audition, brought the show to a standstill after she sang Oleta Adams' hit Get Here.

The singer, who has never had any professional training, impressed the audience with her vocal range - with Tom Jones failing to get a word in edgeways after her performance.

Coach Tom said: "There is so much applause. if it was judged on applause, she would win, wouldn't she? I've heard a lot of singers but she comes from somewhere else. She has something I've never heard before. She's wonderful."

Jessie J added: "I was crying. I remember when I was 15 and I sang that song on TV. I'm so proud. Your voice is so natural. You did your father proud."

Danny called her "mesmerising" while Will.i.am said he was "proud to even be here".

Earlier in the night, the judges joined forces to sing U2's A Beautiful Day before first act Joelle Moses started the show with a bang.

The soul singer was a tangerine dream in a chic orange-coloured dress as she gave a powerful rendition of Mary J Blige's I'm Going Down.

Will.i.am's star act hit the right note with the judges.

Her mentor said: "You nailed it. You have set the bar high."

Meanwhile fellow coaches Jessie and Tom told the singer that she had a bright future ahead of her after her impressive performance.

Jessie said: "That was so good. Thank you for letting us watch such an incredible performance."

Tom added: "We will be paying a lot of money for this."

The Script frontman Danny O'Donoghue warned his team to up their game, telling the star: "You really did Mary J Blige proud. My team over there, take notes."

Bubbly Sam Buttery brought an Eighties vibe to the stage after he sang Erasure hit A Little Respect. He proved to be a deadly threat to his rivals in the competition - wearing a skull and crossbones shirt for his set.

Tom Jones's act got top marks for his vocals but Jessie J hit out at his decision to sing alongside dancers.

The Price Tag singer said: "Vocal is great, range is great but I would have preferred to see just you on stage. This show is about the voice, I want to see that. The dancers distracted from you."

Next up, Frances Wood stepped out to the stage in skin-tight jeans, teamed with a white shirt and denim jacket for her performance of Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan.

The 18-year-old singer turned up the heat as she gyrated with sexy male dancers for her racy performance.

Tom Jones, who has performed with Khan, told the Voice star: "You did it your own way with as much intensity as Chaka does."

Tom's guitarist Adam Isaac unleashed his inner rock god to sing All My Life by the Foo Fighters.

Adam, who was rushed this week to hospital after falling off stage, battled through his pain to win the support of the judges.

Will.i.am said: "If you are rocking like that with a chip bone, my hat goes off to you."

Shy Leanne Mitchell got Tom Jones' approval rating after her 'perfect' rendition of Pink's Who Knew. The singer, who wore a black and white illusion dress, wowed the judges despite battling bout of nerves.

Tom Jones said: "She proved she can sing anything she wants to. Jaz was perfect, here's another perfect."

Meanwhile Sophie Griffin, the youngest singer in the competition, showed age was just a number as she sang current hit David Guetta's Titanium.

The 17-year-old from Northern Ireland shimmered in a glittery minidress with fellow Irish singer Danny telling her she "did everyone back home proud."

Partner duo Matt and Sueleen were next to face the viewers with their version of Fleetwood Mac song Go Your Own Way.

The singers showed they had chemistry both on and off screen with their tuneful duet.

Danny said "you warmed my heart" while Will.i.am saw their potential in the charts.

Amy Winehouse's best friend Tyler James paid respect to his tragic pal as he sang James McMorrow's Higher Love.

He earlier told the show how his world had collapsed when the Back To Black singer died last year.

The judges were impressed by the strength of his voice.

Will.i.am said: "Amazing version of that song. Your falsetto is unbelievable. You're an artist."

Tomorrow, Tom Jones and Will.i.am will have to make the tough decision on who they want to leave the competition.

Viewers tonight voted for their favourite acts, with the top three of each team staying in the competition. But Tom and Will will have to choose which act they will be sending home in tomorrow's results show.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...The-Voice.html

"Tell them I'm not playin'" ALoveSupreme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know which one Ruth Brown is and second of all cannot believe I am posting in this thread but anyway, I heard a girl sing Get Here tonight. I saw her last week too singing with Denise whatshername from Five Star. She can sing (I even liked her phrasing), but I see in her what I see in a lot of young, mainstream people who can sing: she is not (yet) a singer. She carried that song so well, with a lot of resonance in the bottom register, and then ruined it with this bizarre, high-pitched squeaky-arse ad-lib near the end. I am sure that many will be impressed by that, but NO. Firstly, you have got to be able to pull off that kind of thing pitch perfectly for it to work, and secondly, know your song man. Get Here is not the song for those showy kinds of embellishments. All of her other vocal ornamanets were much more subtle and well executed. That one added nothing to the quality of her vocal, the quality of her performance nor to the meaning or interpretation of the song. Overall, she sang the song very, very well indeed.

Ciao.
    Last edited by ALoveSupreme; 04-29-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    I refuse to be victimised by notions of virtuous behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, I just watched the US auditions and then lost interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the current cycle, I have to say my favorite is Mackenzie. He made "call Me Maybe" sound like a super cool song.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like MacKenzie. I like Cassidy, too. Her voice isn't really that special -- I can think of 6 singers off the top of my head that she sounds like -- but I get goose bumps when she sings for some reason. I also like Trevin and De'borah. I hope CeeLo's team wins this year.