Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stand Up For Ellen Petition

Post Thanks / Like

Stand Up For Ellen Petition

BBs, I find few things more stupid than online petitions, but one of the things I do find more stupid is bigots dictating the discourse. If you are so moved, join the petition to support Ellen DeGeneres as JC Penney spokesperson. Ellen DeGeneres ranks between Beanie Babies and Snow Cones on the "Threat to America's Morality" scale.

http://www.glaad.org/standupforellen

Post Thanks / Like
    Signed it!! Disgusting how discrimination still exists in this world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Issue Details
    JC Penney Offends Traditional Families Again

Recently JC Penney announced that comedian Ellen Degeneres will be the company's new spokesperson. Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families. More sales will be lost than gained unless they replace their spokesperson quickly. Unless JC Penney decides to be neutral in the culture war then their brand transformation will be unsuccessful.

Their marketing strategy is to help families shop and receive a good value for their money. Degeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there. The small percentage of customers they are attempting to satisfy will not offset their loss in sales.

JC Penney has made a poor decision and must correct their mistake fast to retain loyal customers and not turn away potential new, conservative shoppers with the company's new vision.

"Importantly, we share the same fundamental values as Ellen," said Michael Francis, president of J.C. Penney Company in a press statement. "At JC Penney, we couldn't think of a better partner to help us put the fun back into the retail experience. Moving forward, we'll be focused on being in sync with the rhythm of our customers' lives and operating in a 'Fair and Square' manner that is rooted in integrity, simplicity and respect. We're thrilled that she's joining our team to help convey the exciting transformation under way."

"They have an incredible vision for the future and are completely re-inventing themselves to become America's favorite store," said DeGeneres in a press statement.

By jumping on the pro-gay bandwagon, JC Penney is attempting to gain a new target market and in the process will lose customers with traditional values that have been faithful to them over all these years.

* UPDATE: In a previous campaign we emailed Disney Channel and requested that the film "Little Manhattan" no longer air on their channel or at the very least cut out the offensive scenes. It did not air for some time. During last night's episode on January 31, the curse word OMM was concerned about being in a children’s movie on a kid's network has been edited! The 10-year-old Gabe originally said, "What the hell?!" and now the word "hell" has been edited. Instead of the obnoxious beep to bleep out the foul language, which would raise questions, it was just removed.

TAKE ACTION

Make a personal phone call to JC Penney's customer service department. Their numbers are 972-431-8200 (customer service) and 972-431-1000 (corporate headquarters).

Ask JC Penney to replace Ellen Degeneres as their new spokesperson immediately and remain neutral in the culture war.

http://www.afa.net/Media/PressArchiv...x?yr=2012&mo=2

Was this written by a grade-schooler?

Signing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually try not to be controversial on Facebook, where I have very conservative friends, but I am sick of this shit. These stupid people really think that a person's sexuality should preclude them from being the spokesperson for a company? Do they care about all the celebrity spokesmen who have drug abuse, adultery, domestic violence, and rape accusations in their past -- and those are just the pro athletes. FFS, I have friends and loved ones who are gay and I am SICK of people saying they don't have a right to exist and be an open part of society.

Post Thanks / Like
    Company's generally want to choose a spokesperson that can speak to their buyers.

JC Penny using Ellen to market to strong, successful women?? The problem is what??????????????????
    http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19200000/Michael-Jackson-3-THRILLER-thriller-19281744-500-350.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    This is so incredibly stupid. I was under the impression that most women, even homophobes, just loved Ellen and lived under a forced illusion that she just lives with her best friend. I guess I can't give people that much credit. JC Penny will likely lose more support if they fire her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh ffs enough with the hate and simplistic propaganda. Signing rn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just so angry! I can't stop ranting about it! It is so f***ing stupid! Are these people for real? Do they really think they are going to eradicate homosexuals from the airwaves and planet? Complete asshats is what they are. Is there even anyone on the planet who does not love or is not loved by a gay person anymore? Cripes on a cracker. These are the people that make me sad to be an American every 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard76 View Post
    I am just so angry! I can't stop ranting about it! It is so f***ing stupid! Are these people for real? Do they really think they are going to eradicate homosexuals from the airwaves and planet? Complete asshats is what they are. Is there even anyone on the planet who does not love or is not loved by a gay person anymore? Cripes on a cracker. These are the people that make me sad to be an American every 4 years.
    ^^^^^
    THIS. Can we all please get a grip.and stop defining ourselves in terms of what gender we like to f***?.
    Aren't there more important things to discuss, like, ummm, the economy?

Posting 'Till The Break Of Dawn Reyna-Mickaéla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the things some Americans actually consider as a threat to their "traditional families". Signed, without hesitation.
    http://www.positivelymichael.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1454_21.gif