Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Bieber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Orthodiva View Post
    Justin Bieber channels Michael Jackson in new video teaser - watch

Justin Bieber has released the third teaser for his upcoming music video.

The singer has channeled Michael Jackson in the preview of his 'Boyfriend' promo, which is expected to premiere in full within the coming weeks.

The clip sees Bieber in front of a giant moon-like spotlight, wearing a shoulder-padded jacket and clicking his fingers while his legs are slightly crossed.

'Boyfriend' is the lead single from Bieber's third studio album Believe, which is due out later this year.

The song has so far reached number two on the US Hot 100 after selling over 520,000 downloads within its first week on sale.

'Boyfriend' is available to download in the UK now.

Watch the third teaser for Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' music video below:

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...ser-watch.html

.......TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM.......
    Dot#280013

~ Get your Bottocks to the House ~ Marissa87's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The singer has channeled Michael Jackson in the preview of his 'Boyfriend' promo, which is expected to premiere in full within the coming weeks.

The clip sees Bieber in front of a giant moon-like spotlight, wearing a shoulder-padded jacket and clicking his fingers while his legs are slightly crossed.

'Boyfriend' is the lead single from Bieber's third studio album Believe, which is due out later this year.

The song has so far reached number two on the US Hot 100 after selling over 520,000 downloads within its first week on sale.

Good LORD, stop this madness. Stop it, Justin!
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif
    Dot Number: 240,645

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin Bieber Copying Michael Jackson and Hurting Himself with Mariah Yeater Song?

Justin Bieber might be trying to channel Michael Jackson with a song about Mariah Yeater, but is he taking a misstep by emulating the King of Pop?

The Biebs has already said that he wants to be like Mike as far as what kind of music he does. Just like MJ, he's planning to avoid singing about sex and drugs. However, Michael did sort of sing about sex in "Billie Jean," and Justin might have to bring the subject up if he's going to sing about Mariah; after all, she did claim that he had sex with her in a bathroom.

Hollywood Life has compared Justin's song about the girl who accused him of being her baby's father to Michael Jackson's beloved song about a baby mama, and his story certainly has similar themes. "Billie Jean" was about the groupies that MJ and his brothers encountered when they made up The Jackson 5. Because of their fame, there were a lot of "Billie Jeans" who claimed that Michael and his brothers were the fathers of their children.

Justin Bieber might not have liked the Mariah Yeater scandal at first, but perhaps now he's seeing the positive side of it—it's given him something in common with Michael. Now he gets to do his own unique version of "Billie Jean," and even though it's kind of creepy, having a crazed fan like Mariah go as far as she did can be seen as evidence that Justin is just as famous as Michael. It's hard to imagine him coming up with powerful lyrics like those in "Billie Jean," but hopefully he at least tries to give it a beat like Michael's amazing dance tune.

Hollywood Life got psychotherapist Rebecca Grado to weigh in on what she thinks of Justin Bieber bringing up Mariah Yeater in a song, and she's not so sure it's the best idea. After all, Mariah wanted her name in the headlines, and she basically vanished once people started to realize that her story about being impregnated by Justin was bogus. Now that Justin has revealed that he's writing a song about her, she's going to get that attention she craved again; people will want to do interviews with her to ask what she thinks about the song and what she's doing with her life now. She might even be able to make money off the situation somehow.

Hopefully Justin leaves her behind for good after this, and hopefully he's careful about what he does and doesn't go chasing Michael Jackson's shadow for too long—after all, being one of the biggest stars in the world didn't end well for Michael.

So do you think Justin made a mistake by writing a song about Mariah?

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981288045

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Justin Bieber’s Song About Mariah Yeater Be Like Michael Jackson’s ‘Billie Jean’?

HollywoodLife.com consulted with a leading life coach and psychotherapist who believe Justin Bieber’s new song about the girl who claimed he fathered her child could become a smash hit and will, at the very least, be healing for the Biebs!

When Mariah Yeater came out with a media blitz claiming Justin Bieber was the father of her infant son, he must have felt stripped of all power. Even though there was no truth to the story, the 18-year-old pop star was forced to defend himself — and it even took a toll on his relationship with Selena Gomez. Now, months later, Justin has written a song about Mariah that will be on his upcoming album, Believe, which two experts think will act as a healing agent for him.

“Justin’s song about Mariah Yeater could be a good song,” Christy Whitman, Life Coach and NY Times best-selling author tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “Think about Michael Jackson and ‘Billie Jean.’ Fans like to feel like they have inside info on stars. Because his fans know about the situation, and he has even commented on it letting them in a bit more, they will for sure want to hear the song. I think it will be greatly anticipated.”

Additionally, from Justin’s stand point, it might be his way of regaining control of a situation that plagued him out of nowhere.

“Clearly, the girl who claimed Justin Bieber fathered her child has left a big emotional impact a him,” Rebecca Grado, MFT intuitive psychotherapist, speaker, and New York Times best-selling author tells us. “It’s certainly understandable. When someone makes false accusations about you, it’s not only infuriating, but disempowering. My guess is that as a Christian, Justin’s morals are very important to him, so having them called into question is extremely upsetting.”

That said, after this single, Grado thinks Justin should focus his efforts on moving forward, instead of looking in his past.

“The problem is that the more he focuses on this situation, the more he keeps it alive, in his mind and in the minds of his fans,” she says, explaining. “He also maintains a connection to her, giving her exactly what she wanted, his attention. There is an expression that says, ‘Where your thoughts go your energy flows,’ and the more he feeds this drama with his energy, the more it will rule his life.”

What do you think about Justin’s new ode to Mariah? Are you excited to hear his take on the situation — or should he let it go?

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/04...eater-believe/

Post Thanks / Like
    Celebrities using those who try to hurt them to fuel art are nothing new -Sarah Mclachlan turned letters from a stalker into an incredible song- and I'm not sure I see a real connection to Billie Jean (which was written about no one person in particular, best I can tell) here. If Bieber wants to have his say and move on, let him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Celebrities using those who try to hurt them to fuel art are nothing new -Sarah Mclachlan turned letters from a stalker into an incredible song- and I'm not sure I see a real connection to Billie Jean (which was written about no one person in particular, best I can tell) here. If Bieber wants to have his say and move on, let him.
    I agree. Why not? And I admit, I'd be curious to see how the song would turn out. And isn't the song "Superstar" about an obsessed fan (which was covered by numerous people including Luther Vandross) but now is considered a love song?

Posting 'Till The Break Of Dawn applegirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be the only insane one here, or am I, lol? Because I saw the still shot of the youtube video first, and not the title of this article, and immediately I thought it was Michael! But then I saw, oh... he's trying to be like Mike again. Great. Can artists today please stop trying to steal Michael's ideas which he started, and find their own?
    You got me in a State of Shock @applegirlie21 Michael Tribute Portrait Dot #268577

Posting 'Till The Break Of Dawn applegirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa87 View Post
    Good LORD, stop this madness. Stop it, Justin!
    I haven't even watched the video (dunno if I'm going to, anyway) but the article just saying how he is "in front of a giant moon-like spotlight, wearing a shoulder-padded jacket and clicking his fingers while his legs are slightly crossed" screams MJ all over it. I'm just tired of seeing artists do the same shit over and over and emulating someone else.
    You got me in a State of Shock @applegirlie21 Michael Tribute Portrait Dot #268577

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by applegirl View Post
    I must be the only insane one here, or am I, lol? Because I saw the still shot of the youtube video first, and not the title of this article, and immediately I thought it was Michael! But then I saw, oh... he's trying to be like Mike again. Great. Can artists today please stop trying to steal Michael's ideas which he started, and find their own?
    I don't think it's stealing. Every musician--whether they want to admit it or not--was and still is influenced by Michael. From Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, and countless others, I don't mind them doing it, as long as they make it a point where they got their inspiration from. And Michael got his influence from Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Fred Estaire, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, etc--and he had a way of combining those styles and making them their own.

I haven't seen the video, but if he wants to use Michael's influence, by all means go ahead but reference the source. I would rather have artists today going to Michael then just straight out ignoring him. I think if you research anything regarding music, you can trace it down since the beginning of time and it evolves, etc. And Justin has said Michael is an influence in his career, I would find it highly contradictory if he didn't use any of that influence in his music and videos.

It's about LOVE. Dot #2916 RedCorvette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^THAT.
    ~~Every page you turn you're writing your legacy~~