PDA

View Full Version : MJ Duet With Barry Gibb To Be Released?

crillon
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
(2-26-2011) Barry Gibb, one third of the great brother act, The Bee Gees, was a long-time friend of Michael Jackson's. They were so close that Jackson even searved as god-father to Gibb's son, Michael Gibb.

The two music icons collaborated a number of times, writing, producing and recording songs for themselves and others and now it seems Gibb is about to release one of the songs they recorded together.

On his official website, Gibb posted a 26-second clip of a song that features Jackson titled, 'All In Your Name,' under the heading "New Music Coming From Barry Soon."

To listen to the clip:
http://www.barrygibb.com/page.asp?id=29

iwrite4michael
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM
All I can say is, WOW!!! His voice is beautiful in this clip.

GlitterySocks
02-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh my goodness! How cool!

crillon
02-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Oh my goodness! How cool!

I know. It's such a sweet surprise.

ivygivy
02-27-2011, 03:22 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOMGOMGOM GOMGOMG

ivygivy
02-27-2011, 03:22 AM
OMG

MoonwalkerJo
02-27-2011, 05:19 AM
OMG How awesome!!

MJsPYT777
05-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Some new news, there's also a YT link on the site

Michael Jackson & Barry Gibb’s 2002 Collaboration Surfaces (Video)
May 24, 2011 by Allie

Sometime in the Summer of 2002, Michael Jackson allegedly showed up at Bee Gees frontman Barry Gibb‘s doorstep, with a partially written song in hand.

Entitled ‘All in Your Name,’ Jackson had written the song in protest of the United States government’s plans to invade Iraq, and he convinced his old friend to contribute to it.

Together, the pair recorded a simple demo in Gibb’s home studio, though the song was never officially released.

Now, years later, Gibb’s official YouTube account just posted a sneak peak of the lenegdary collaboration.

The entire recording session was shot on a high 8 camera by Gibb’s daughter. There is apparently “over 2 hours of footage,” perhaps to be released at a later date.

Barry Gibb wrote on his website:

“Michael Jackson and I were the dearest of friends, that’s simply what it was. We gravitated towards the same kind of music and we loved collaborating and he was the easiest person to write with. The more we got to know each other the more those ideas entwined and it all came to this song ‘All in Your Name.’

“‘All in Your Name’ is in fact the message that Michael wanted to send out to all of his fans all over the World that he did it all for them and for the pure love of music. I hope and pray that we all get to hear it in its entirety. This experience I will treasure forever.”

I can’t wait for this to be released, you know it will be good.

Read more: http://allieiswired.com/archives/2011/05/michael-jackson-barry-gibbs-2002-collaboration-surfaces-video/#ixzz1NJb2etqn

Tina
05-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Wow OMG Wow! I sure hope this gets released. It sounds like it will be wonderful!

RedCorvette
05-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Ooooohhhhh....LORD. Two hours of footage??!!? YESSSSSSSSSS. A song of love....for the fans?!?!?! YESSSSSSSSSS.

ivygivy
05-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Just saw this and wanted to post the video on here:

Ruo8JetOex8

OMG. GIDDY. AMAZED. IN LOVE. I soooooo hope more of this comes out. Wow. His voice sounds incredible.

Neecy
05-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Its amazing footage - apparently there is over 2hours of footage!! I hope more is released and i think it will be on Barry Gibb's website

http://www.barrygibb.com/page.asp?id=29

heather
05-25-2011, 05:25 PM
want

desperately.

maggie
05-25-2011, 07:36 PM

Ruo8JetOex8

OMG. GIDDY. AMAZED. IN LOVE. I soooooo hope more of this comes out. Wow. His voice sounds incredible.

Dear Lord, HIS VOICE!!! OMGOMGOMG

RedCorvette
05-26-2011, 09:00 AM
A little bit more to add to the story.

Bee Gees singer reveals footage of Michael Jackson collaboration (FULL)

Barry Gibb unveils 30-second clip on YouTube featuring him writing and recording a protest song with Jackson in 2002

The Bee Gees' Barry Gibb has unveiled footage of him recording an unreleased track with Michael Jackson in 2002. The video shows Jackson and Gibb singing All in Your Name, a song apparently written in protest against the war in Iraq.

"Michael Jackson and I were the dearest of friends," wrote Gibb, 64, alongside this week's YouTube video post. "We gravitated towards the same kind of music and we loved collaborating and he was the easiest person to write with. The more we got to know each other the more those ideas entwined, and it all came to this song ... I hope and pray that we all get to hear it in its entirety."

Gibb first wrote about the track in February, posting an audio clip to his website. But with this week's video, the song begins to come alive: there's the late King of Pop singing in a way the public rarely saw. Gibb claims there's more than two hours of footage, shot on Hi8 video by his son, Ashley. "This experience I will treasure forever," Barry said.

Jackson fans have long speculated about All in Your Name. Apparently, Jackson showed up at Gibb's doorstep with the unfinished song; they recorded at Miami's Middle Ear Studio in December 2002, about three months before the United States invaded Iraq. Both musicians opposed the invasion, according to a 2002 Billboard report, but this week Gibb downplayed the protest element of the track. "[All in Your Name is] the message that Michael wanted to send out to all of his fans all over the world," Gibb wrote. "That he did it all for them and for the pure love of music."

The Bee Gees' friendship with Jackson went back years. Barry Gibb named one of his sons after the singer, who was also Michael Gibb's godfather, and Jackson attended the 2003 funeral of Bee Gees co-founder Maurice Gibb. "We are devastated," Barry Gibb wrote after Jackson's death in June 2009. Robin Gibb added: "We've not only lost a great friend in Michael, but also lost a wonderful sensitive human being."

Sean Michaels

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011

ivygivy
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
MORE FROM THE RECORDING SESSION

Xxd_PSjUwW4

heather
06-04-2011, 10:28 PM

Xxd_PSjUwW4

i just died a little inside.

Frodes
06-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Xxd_PSjUwW4

Could just be the lighting but does Michael have a 5 'o clock shadow??? /DEAD

Butterfly
06-05-2011, 01:00 AM
OMG OMG this makes me soooooo happy!!
Fantastic.

bowtiesarecool
06-05-2011, 06:32 AM
I've just heard this for the first time. I saw the first video posted but didn't have sound at the time. I think the song (from what we're hearing so far) sounds great! I love Michael's falsetto and the chord sequencing is lovely. I hope we get to hear more music of this nature. After all the confusion with Michael, let's hope that some good decisions are made regarding the next release.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of box set released with rare and unreleased material - but with different versions: a new mixing to the best of its quality, raw demo takes and a capellas. Also a bonus disc of more studio footage like this would be incredible. As a musician myself, watching Michael work knocks my socks off and gives me buckets and buckets of inspiration. I think that would be amazing and I'd definitely buy it!

RedCorvette
06-05-2011, 07:23 AM

Xxd_PSjUwW4

Oooohhhh....God. Everything he does is sooooo sexy. Every look. Every turn of the head. His stance. His voice.
To see him working like this is just incredible. Please, sir....may I have some more?

Julie
06-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Xxd_PSjUwW4

oh i love the little tap he did on his legs, want moar!

MJNB
06-05-2011, 01:14 PM
OMG I love this so much! Just... his voice reminds me of... Fall Again, and that song is... uh... makes me cry more than anything else...

Lizard76
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
A little OT, but did Barry Gibb have a reputation of having a bad temper? The Barry Gibb talk show on SNL is one of my favorite sketches, but Jimmy Fallon portrays him as being crazy. Is that just for comedy or does BG have a prior reputation that I never knew about?

kriash
06-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Interesting side-by-side view of this session from two camera angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZz4ieOdeIk&feature=digest

Neecy
06-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Xxd_PSjUwW4

I'm only seeing this now! OMG.. I love it.. Michael is just perfection!!!

Tinkerbell
06-26-2011, 07:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZbMbVRehQ&feature=feedu

Enjoy!!!

maggie
06-26-2011, 08:00 AM

Enjoy!!!

I wish Michael sang also some verses and not only the chorus but i love it. Thanks for sharing Tinkerbell!

dimmer
06-26-2011, 08:10 AM

Enjoy!!!

I love this song thank you so much for posting Tinkerbell...

joce
06-26-2011, 08:45 AM

Enjoy!!!

Thanks Tinkerbell! This is a lovely song!

MJNB
06-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Love it! Makes me feel upset now tho :( thanks for posting it xx

Tinkerbell
06-27-2011, 07:08 AM
I've been waiting a long time for this song too. I love it but I also wish Michael sang more of it too.

Frodes
06-28-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRSCMH5YoN8

iry63
06-28-2011, 09:22 AM
A little bit more to add to the story.

Bee Gees singer reveals footage of Michael Jackson collaboration (FULL)

Barry Gibb unveils 30-second clip on YouTube featuring him writing and recording a protest song with Jackson in 2002

The Bee Gees' Barry Gibb has unveiled footage of him recording an unreleased track with Michael Jackson in 2002. The video shows Jackson and Gibb singing All in Your Name, a song apparently written in protest against the war in Iraq.

"Michael Jackson and I were the dearest of friends," wrote Gibb, 64, alongside this week's YouTube video post. "We gravitated towards the same kind of music and we loved collaborating and he was the easiest person to write with. The more we got to know each other the more those ideas entwined, and it all came to this song ... I hope and pray that we all get to hear it in its entirety."

Gibb first wrote about the track in February, posting an audio clip to his website. But with this week's video, the song begins to come alive: there's the late King of Pop singing in a way the public rarely saw. Gibb claims there's more than two hours of footage, shot on Hi8 video by his son, Ashley. "This experience I will treasure forever," Barry said.

Jackson fans have long speculated about All in Your Name. Apparently, Jackson showed up at Gibb's doorstep with the unfinished song; they recorded at Miami's Middle Ear Studio in December 2002, about three months before the United States invaded Iraq. Both musicians opposed the invasion, according to a 2002 Billboard report, but this week Gibb downplayed the protest element of the track. "[All in Your Name is] the message that Michael wanted to send out to all of his fans all over the world," Gibb wrote. "That he did it all for them and for the pure love of music."

The Bee Gees' friendship with Jackson went back years. Barry Gibb named one of his sons after the singer, who was also Michael Gibb's godfather, and Jackson attended the 2003 funeral of Bee Gees co-founder Maurice Gibb. "We are devastated," Barry Gibb wrote after Jackson's death in June 2009. Robin Gibb added: "We've not only lost a great friend in Michael, but also lost a wonderful sensitive human being."

Sean Michaels

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011

Didn't know Michael wrote it. I love the song, and the message behind it.

GlitterySocks
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM

Ruo8JetOex8

Xxd_PSjUwW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRSCMH5YoN8

I will never get tired of watching this.

MJsPYT777
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
MJTunes has not stop playing it and I'm obsessed with this song! Does anyone know if they are thinking of releasing it?

GlitterySocks
07-07-2011, 08:53 PM
MJTunes has not stop playing it and I'm obsessed with this song! Does anyone know if they are thinking of releasing it?

Barry Gibb released it for purchase on his website! Here is the link: http://www.barrygibb.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=76

MJsPYT777
07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Barry Gibb released it for purchase on his website! Here is the link: http://www.barrygibb.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=76

omg...

*runs to make sweet love to the link*

Orthodiva
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
LOL I don't think any of this is new, but it's all in one place. Video at the link -anyone know how to embed ET stuff?

Never Before Seen: Michael Jackson's Lost Song with Barry Gibb

In 2001, Michael Jackson traveled to Barry Gibb's Miami home to work on the song "All in Your Name." Now, for the first time, ET has never-before-seen footage of their collaboration!

"Michael and I gravitated towards the same kind of music," says Barry. "We loved collaborating, and he was the easiest person to write with. The more we got to know each other the more those ideas entwined and it all came to this song."

The footage of Jackson and Gibb was shot by Barry's musician son Ashley at the Bee Gees' Middle Ear Studios. The legendary location is also where "Too Much Heaven" was produced, where Barbra Streisand and Barry wrote and produced the hit song "Guilty," and where Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton recorded the Bee Gees song "Islands in the Stream."

"All in Your Name" is available for download on BarryGibb.com. There, Barry writes that the song "is dedicated to all of Michael's fans all over the World. Michael and I both love it. We hope you do too."

http://www.etonline.com/music/112608_Never_Before_Seen_Michael_Jackson_s_Lost_So ng_with_Barry_Gibb/

Renee
07-21-2011, 06:12 PM
There was an SNL sketch on the Bee Gees which I didn’t really understand but it was kinda funny, ngl.

SevenInches
07-22-2011, 02:55 AM
There was an SNL sketch on the Bee Gees which I didn’t really understand but it was kinda funny, ngl.

I LOVED THAT SKETCH! Brilliant.

Lizard76
04-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Thinking about Robin Gibb and Barry this morning upon the news that Robin is in a coma. Makes me think of my mom and Michael and that douchebag Martin Bashir, giving Michael a hard time on the day of Maurice Gibb's funeral.